We are excited to announce the launch of Prime in Australia, offering free two business day delivery to nearly 90 per cent of Australians. Prime is our membership program enjoyed by more than 100 million paid members around the world, offering free delivery on eligible items with an unparalleled combination of shopping and entertainment benefits tailored to each country. Everyone can try Prime and enjoy all of the benefits by signing up for a free 30-day trial at www.amazon.com.au/prime.
Here is a list of the top Prime benefits Australian members of Prime can now enjoy:
· Free Delivery: Alongside free domestic two business day delivery for 90% of the population, Prime members in Australia will have access to more than 4 million products from Amazon U.S. sold directly on Amazon.com.au and will benefit from Prime free international standard delivery on orders over AUD$49.
· Amazon Prime Video: Prime members can stream or download popular and award-winning Prime Original series like The Grand Tour, Golden Globe winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy winner The Man in the High Castle, American Gods, and the highly anticipated Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan starring John Krasinski, which will premiere on 31 August 2018. Prime members can watch anytime, anywhere via the Prime Video app on mobile phones, tablets, select Smart TVs, game consoles, Fire TV stick and more
· Amazon Prime Reading: Members enjoy access to more than 1,000 e-books, short reads, comics, travel guides, children’s books and more – including best sellers like Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and The Fourth Friend, Australian classics from Miles Franklin and Marcus Clarke, as well as nonfiction like Up From the Mission and Dane Swan’s autobiography. Members can start reading now by downloading the free Kindle reading app for mobile phones and tablets or by using any Kindle e-reader and Fire Tablet.
· Twitch Prime: Prime members enjoy a selection of free games every month, access to free in-game loot for some of the world’s biggest games, like Fortnite, Call of Duty WWII, and Heroes of the Storm, a Twitch channel subscription every 30 days, an expanded set of chat emotes and colours, an exclusive chat badge, and more.
· Exclusive Deals: Prime members will have exclusive access to special shopping deals from Australia’s and the world’s most popular brands. Australian Prime members will be able to shop the site on Prime Day, our deal-shopping event exclusively for Prime members.
· Discounted Priority Delivery: Prime members can save money on all Prime eligible Priority deliveries, receiving deliveries in as fast as one day.
· Alexa Shopping: Prime members will now be able to shop via voice on Alexa enabled devices.
· Free Release Date Delivery: Prime members in areas where two-business day delivery is offered will be able to pre-order Prime-eligible products including video games like Red Dead Redemption II, Avengers Infinity War and Call of Duty Black Ops 4.
Customers in Australia can try Prime with our 30-day free trial, and then join Prime for AUD$6.99 a month, or save 30 per cent with an annual payment of AUD$59. Until 31 January 2019, Australians can take advantage of an introductory promotional price of AUD$4.99 a month.