Amazon Prime Day 2020 marked the two biggest days ever for Australian small businesses on Amazon.com.au
Amazon Australia’s Prime Day event delivered big sales for small businesses and big savings for Prime members. This Prime Day marked the two biggest days ever for small Australian businesses in Amazon’s Australian store and Prime members in Australia saved millions of dollars during the epic deals event, securing deep discounts across every category.
Amazon Australia designed this year’s Prime Day to support small businesses by putting them front and centre through the launch of their ‘Shop Local’ store featuring products from hundreds of Australian small businesses, and new curated collections to connect customers with local brands.
“From the bushfires through to the pandemic, 2020 has been a tough year for small businesses, so we are delighted that Prime Day was a record-breaking event for small businesses in Australia,” said Matt Furlong, Country Manager for Amazon Australia. “It’s also great that Aussie Prime members saved millions of dollars in our massive shopping event and we look forward to offering more great value in the run up to the Holiday season.”
Members shopped and found great deals across a range of products from small businesses and top brands, with computers, electronics, home and beauty as the best-selling categories. Some of the top selling deals on Amazon.com.au during Prime Day 2020 were on the Echo Dot, Philips Hue Smart Lighting, Skin Care from WELEDA, Palmolive and more. Thousands of Prime members supported small businesses from across the country during Prime Day, with Zenify, Checkered Choice and Arovec seeing some of the biggest sales in terms of units sold.
Andonis Skiatis, founder of Zenify said, “Prime Day 2020 has been another record breaker for Zenify, proving to be the busiest two days of sales that we’ve ever seen. We’re thrilled that Prime Day really does support the growth of small local businesses like ours, in reaching as many Aussies as possible looking to shop local and pick up some bargains along the way.”
Highlights from Amazon Australia’s Prime Day 2020
· Prime members saved millions of dollars during Prime Day 2020.
· Some of the most popular deals across Prime Day on Amazon.com.au were:
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen).
- Philips Hue Smart Lighting.
- Skin care from WELEDA, Palmolive and more.
- SanDisk Ultra range from Amazon AU.
- Select laundry products from OMO, Comfort, Fab and more.
- Select Starburst 500g and Skittles 1.1Kg.
· Some of the best-selling home products were Tefal Stainless Steel Non-Stick Frying Pan, ECOVACS DEEBOT N79T Robotics Vacuumer Clean, ThermoPro TP50 Digital Hygrometer Indoor Thermometer Humidity Monitor and the Winix Australia Zero 4-Stage Hospital Grade True HEPA Air Purifier.
· Some of the best-selling electronics products were WD 14 TB Elements Desktop External Hard Drive, Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones, Anker Wireless Charger PowerWave Pad and TaoTronics Wireless Earbuds.
· Crayola, Play-Doh and Lego were among the best-selling toy brands, with Crayola Washable Sidewalk Chalk 48 Pack the best-selling over the two days.
· Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Hugo Boss and Bonds were among the best-selling Fashion brands with Tommy Hilfiger Men's Classic Baseball Cap being the best-selling product in Fashion.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Over 150 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment. In Australia, that includes access to free shipping in as fast as 2 days on Prime eligible products, unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video, ad-free listening of 2 million songs plus thousands of stations and playlists with Amazon Music, unlimited access to more than 1,000 books and magazines with Prime Reading, free in-game content and games with Prime Gaming, Prime Day, and more. Australian Prime members (free trial or paid) will receive free international expedited delivery on all Prime eligible items shipped and sold by Amazon US or Amazon UK until 15th October 2020 23:59 AEDT. New customers in Australia can try Prime at amazon.com.au/prime with Amazon’s 30-day free trial, and then join Prime for $6.99 a month, or save 30 per cent with an annual membership at $59.