How Aussies are Bringing Innovative Products to Market with Amazon Launchpad
Amazon Launchpad is an exciting new program we’re launching to help Aussie startups and entrepreneurs bring innovative and unique products to local customers who are looking for items with a homegrown twist.
Over the next two weeks we’ll be sharing the stories of six Aussie brands that have signed up for Amazon Launchpad, giving them access to our retail expertise and infrastructure so they can grow their businesses and overcome many of the challenges associated with bringing products to market. These inspiring brands include:
- Salt Gypsy – A Byron Bay-based, ethically designed surfwear brand
- Lyre’s Non-Alcoholic Spirit Co – Developers of non-alcoholic classic spirits, made in Melbourne
- Beach House Group – Serial Aussie entrepreneurs responsible for a range of brands including the socially-conscious skin care brand Marlowe and pay-it-forward stationery brand Yoobi
- Nexba – Australia’s first naturally sugar-free drink brand
- SODA Shades – Melbourne-based makers of Stylish sunglasses and summer gear
- VITAMAN – Skincare and haircare solutions for men, made from Australian botanicals in Sydney
At launch, over 150 local and international brands will feature on our Australian Amazon Launchpad store, with participants benefitting from custom product pages, marketing support, and access to our local fulfilment network including Amazon Prime.
Research conducted by AlphaBeta has revealed that over two-thirds (68%) of small-to-medium-sized retailers (SMEs) with high-growth aspirations plan to grow their business through online sales channels. However, about a fifth (21%) aren’t confident using digital tools, and SMEs cited a lack of capability to understand and implement digital tools (36%), lack of skills to implement digital tools (29%), and the costs of developing an e-commerce channel (36%) as key challenges in growing their business.
We’re using Amazon Launchpad to offer startups and entrepreneurs an array of services that help accelerate their business including:
- Brand Development: Custom product pages help bring products to life through photos and videos. Founders can tell their story and connect with customers in a more personal way, with a Q&A about the startup.
- Customer Reach: Our most powerful tools for engaging with customers, including merchandised placements, and personalised recommendations.
- World-Class Fulfilment: Startups also enjoy access to our local fulfilment network and fast, unlimited shipping with Amazon Prime, along with exceptional customer service.
To learn more about the Amazon Launchpad program or to shop the store, visit www.amazon.com.au/launchpad