Amazon announces paw-fect new category for Australian pets
Whether they spend their days swimming, scratching or snoozing, Australia’s animal companions will now be able to get all their pet needs met through the newly launched Amazon Pet Supplies.
The category will bring together hundreds of thousands of products from some of Australia’s best-known and most-loved pet brands, as well as some smaller, independent pet care names. Products will include accessories, beds, carriers and travel products, grooming products, toys, care items, and, of course, the thing that’s sure to get every tail wagging and fin flapping: food.
Dedicated to providing the very best for Australia’s pets, Amazon has consulted with the RSPCA, Australia’s leading animal welfare and advocacy body, to help Aussies choose the best products and provide the best possible care for their pets.
The Amazon Pet Supplies category is launching with a little help from six animals under the care of the RSPCA – Missy and Gypsy (cats), Henneth the chicken, Bosley and Bindi (dogs) and Geraldine the goat. Some of these animals and many more just like them are available for adoption now at the RSPCA. Find out more at AdoptaPet.com.au.
But it doesn’t stop there. Do you think your pet is particularly photogenic or charismatic? If so, you can get them involved in the search for the ‘Face of Amazon Pet Supplies’. Whether you have a dog, cat, horse, snake, some sort of amphibian, or something even more exotic, you’re invited to post pictures of your beloved pet on Instagram with the #AmazonPetsAu and on Amazon.com.au’s Facebook page. And not only will the winning pet have their moment in the limelight, with a professional photography shoot leading to their image appearing on amazon.com.au, but they will also win a year’s supply of Hill’s Science Diet pet food!
The winning pet will be chosen by a panel of judges led by the RSPCA’s Ryan Anderson. Submissions close at 23.59AEDT on Friday 19 October 2018 with the winner revealed soon after.
The launch of Amazon Pet Supplies adds to the 24 categories already available to Australian customers, providing access to over 60 million products. Now, Australians will not only be able to spoil their two-legged family members using Amazon, but their four-legged ones as well at www.amazon.com.au/pets
Terms & Conditions – Face of Amazon Pets 2018 Contest
1. Information on how to enter the Face of Amazon Pets 2018 contest (“Contest”) and the prizes form part of these conditions. Entry (defined below) implies acceptance of these terms and conditions, and any amendments to them, which are final and binding in all respects. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. Amazon reserves the right to disqualify any entrant from the Contest if, in its sole judgement, the entrant has not complied with these terms and conditions, has tampered with the operation of the Contest, or has engaged in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to the Contest, or any other entrant. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions.
2. By entering the Contest (“Entry”), entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions and the Privacy Notice, and consent to Amazon using the photo and materials submitted to Amazon in connection with the Contest (collectively, “Entry Materials”) as Amazon deems appropriate (including all marketing associated with the Contest).
3. The Contest is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older who own the animal that is subject of the Entry and a Instagram or Facebook account.
4. Anyone connected in a professional capacity with the Contest and that person’s immediate family members, and employees and contractors of the Amazon and its affiliates or of the Prize Provider(s) (defined below).
5. There is one prize to be won as part of this Contest. The prize consists of:
- Your Pet being named the ‘Face of Amazon Pets 2018’ and their image featured on the Amazon.com.au Pets Store;
- Your Pet will participate in a photo shoot (the “Winner Shoot”) between 22-26 October, 2018, at the winners home or a studio location if required;
- Roundtrip transportation for the winner and their pets to the Winner Shoot if at a studio location; and
- If the winning pet is:
- a cat or dog, a year’s supply of Hills Science diet premium pet food, consisting of 1 x bag per month for 12 months for the relevant species (either cat or dog) to the limited value of AU$1,400 based on Recommended Retail Price and dependent on the size of your pet (Cat or Dog). Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other incentives; or
- neither a cat nor dog, the winner will receive at AU$500 Amazon Australia Gift Card. Prize is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or any other incentives,
All taxes (excluding GST) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. All other ancillary costs not already detailed in these terms and conditions including, but not limited to, insurance and ancillary travel costs (e.g. food) and any and all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner.
6. Prize conditions:
(a) The entrant must be the owner of animal in the Entry (the “Pet”).
(b) The winner will need to be available to take part in the Prize Provider’s photo shoot.
(c) Pending final determination of the Winner Shoot location, the Prize Provider will organise and confirm travel details if required as part of the Prize, which will be arranged once the winner has been notified and has accepted their Prize. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of the cancellation or delay of any travel. Travel is subject to availability and subject to any additional terms and conditions of the relevant transport provider. Neither Amazon nor the Prize Provider will replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets or travel documents.
(d) If travel is required, the Pet must travel together with the winner on all transit.
(e) If travel is required, the winner is solely responsible for all ancillary expenses associated with the Prize and their attendance at the Winner Shoot other than the prize transportation costs including, but not limited to, any additional travel or baggage costs and the cost of food or drink purchased.
(f) The winner and their Pet should arrive at the Winner Shoot at the date and time as instructed. Failure to arrive promptly may result in the winner and their Pet being unable to attend the Winner Shoot. Only the Pet in the winning photo will be allowed to participate in the Winner Shoot. Bringing another animal will result in disqualification from the Contest, and the Pet that receives the next highest level of likes, comments, and shares may be chosen to participate instead.
7. The Contest opens to entries on Wednesday, 12 Septemberat 9.01am AEST and closes at 23.59 AEDT on Friday, 19 October 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
How to Enter
8. There are two ways to Enter the Contest, via Instagram or Facebook.
9. To enter, entrants must do the following during the Contest Period:
(a) Like Amazon.com.au on Facebook and post a picture of their Pet on the Amazon.com.au Facebook page wall; OR
(b) Follow Amazon.com.au on Instagram [amazonaustralia] and upload and share a picture of their Pet with the hashtag #AmazonPetsAu on Instagram.
10. No purchase necessary to enter.
11. Entry Materials will not be returned to any entrant.
12. Your photo must be of your Pet and must not include you, any other person or any animal that is not your Pet.
13. Your pet must not be in distress in the submission photo.
14. Amazon will only accept Entries that are completed and submitted in the format designated. Incomplete Entries will not be accepted. Duplicate Entries are not permitted and will be disregarded. Proof of electronic submission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. All Entries are deemed to be entered into the Contest on the day of receipt by Amazon.
15. By Entry and submitting Entry Materials, entrants:
(a) grant to the Amazon, the right and license to use and publish the Entry Materials in any way(s) the Amazon sees fit, including but not limited to dissemination by email and on the Amazon’s Amazon.com.au Facebook page, Instagram account and Twitter feed;
(b) waive any moral rights in the Entry Materials and any materials incorporating the Entry Materials and any rights they may have to inspect or approve the activities and release and discharge Amazon from any claims or liability relating to Amazon’s reasonable use of that entrant’s Entry Materials;
(c) confirm that the Entry Materials do not infringe, and do not incorporate any material that infringes, the rights (including intellectual property, privacy and confidentiality) of any third party and the entrants release and discharge Amazon from all claims and liability relating to any use of the Entry Materials including (without limitation) claims that the use of the Entry Materials breach any third party rights;
(d) they will only submit an Entry which they have personally created or have the right to submit;
(e) agree that Amazon will not be obligated to use the Entry Materials for any purpose;
(f) agree to Amazon passing their details to the Prize Provider and any relevant third party for the purposes of administering the Contest (including contacting the entrant in the event they are a winner) and administering the Event; and
(g) agree to take any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Amazon to effect, perfect, or confirm Amazon's ownership in the Entry Materials and any associated proprietary rights.
Winner Selection and Notification
16. This Contest is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner. A panel of judges appointed by the Amazon will then choose the Face of Amazon Pets 2018 and recipient of the Prize. They will chose the face of Amazon Pets [insert date, time and location of judging] based on the photograph submitted as part of the entry and judging criteria, including, how happy the Pet looks, how the photogenic the Pet is and overall cuteness of the Pet.
17. The winner will be notified within three (3) business days of the end of the Contest Period by a direct message on Instagram or Facebook message on the Contest post, requesting the entrant reply to the message with their contact details (“Notification”). The winner will have five (5) days from the Notification to respond to Amazon and confirm their acceptance of the Prize in writing by direct message on Instagram or Facebook.
18. The winner name will be published on [insert] via [insert].
19. If a selected winner (or any substitute winner) is ineligible, cannot be reached, or fails to claim their Prize within five (5) days of the Notification, that winner (or substitute winner) will forfeit the Prize. In that event, Amazon will reconvene the judges on [insert date] at the same time and place as the first judging in order to distribute prize and it will be awarded to a substitute winner. If, having attempted to contact a winner and a substitute winner, Amazon is unable to award a Prize, Amazon reserves the right to consider the Prize unclaimed.
20. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. This Amazon's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. Amazon reserves the right to cancel or amend this Contest due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
22. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram. You understand that you are providing your information to Amazon and not to Facebook or Instagram.
23. In the event of any dispute, all submitted Entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter account from which they were submitted.
24. Privacy Notice: All information submitted in connection with this Contest will be treated in accordance with these terms and conditions and Amazon’s Privacy Notice.
25. Non-Excludable Guarantees: Nothing in these Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
26. Waiver of Liability: To the extent permitted by law, neither Amazon nor the Prize Provider(s) will be responsible or liable for: (i) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures, technical or telecommunications problems or other conditions beyond their reasonable control; (ii) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (iii) any disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond their reasonable control; or (iv) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
27. General Release: To the extent that the Amazon is permitted by law to do so, and subject to clause 25 above, in no event will the Amazon be liable for any:
(a) loss or damage, including any special, consequential, indirect, incidental or exemplary loss or damage; or
(b) death, personal injury, or property damage;
(c) suffered or incurred by an entrant as a result of their participation in the Contest or their acceptance of any prize, except to the extent that such death, personal injury, property damage or other loss or damage is caused by the Amazon's negligence, fraud or wilful misconduct.
28. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the various third party prize suppliers, including airlines, hotels and other service providers ("Prize Providers"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Amazon is not responsible for and excludes all liability for any loss or damage suffered by a participant as a result of the conduct of a Prize Provider.
29. Amendment: To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Amazon reserves the right to change these rules or cancel the Contest at any time, in its sole discretion.
30. Copyright: The Contest and all accompanying materials are copyright protected by Amazon.com, Inc. and its affiliates. All rights reserved.
31. Promoter: Amazon Commercial Services Pty Ltd, Level 37, 2 Park Street Sydney NSW 2000.
1. Amazon Commercial Services Pty Ltd, Level 37, 2 Park Street Sydney NSW 2000 ("Amazon") collects your personal information (name, date of birth, address, contact numbers and email) when you enter this Contest for the purposes of your entry into the Contest.
2. If Amazon does not collect your personal information, you will not be able to participate in the Contest or claim a prize. Amazon may disclose this personal information to third parties, including agents, contractors, service providers or prize suppliers, and as required to Australian regulatory authorities, for the purpose of processing and conducting this promotion. Amazon may also disclose personal information to entities outside of Australia.