What do you get when you take our most popular Kindle and make it thinner, lighter, with a sleek flush-front display, and IPX8 waterproofing so you can read comfortably anywhere? The answer is our all-new Kindle Paperwhite.
There is so much great content for you to enjoy that we’ve doubled the Kindle Paperwhite’s storage, and it still has the features customers love, like a glare-free display and a battery life measured in weeks.
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a sleek, flush-front design and a back made of soft, grippable material, so it rests easily in your hand. It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, laser-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
The most popular Kindle is now waterproof (IPX8), so you can read in even more places. It is designed to withstand accidental drops in the bath, spa, pool, and ocean, with protection against immersion in up to two metres of fresh water for up to one hour.
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage, so you can keep more content on your device. Available in 8 GB, which is twice the storage of the previous generation and can hold thousands of titles, and 32 GB for storing even more content with large file sizes.
Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience, so you can read your book your way. We’ve also added even more personalisation features, including:
· An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history.
· Easily personalise your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
By design, Kindle devices are purpose built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won’t distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book:
· Whispersync and Whispersync for Voice—Saves and synchronises your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBooks across all your Kindle devices and apps, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device
· Goodreads—Kindle is integrated with the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members, 1.3 billion books added, and 47 million book reviews
· X-Ray—Explore the “Bones of the Book”—see all the passages across a book that mention relevant ideas, fictional characters, historical figures, places, or topics of interest
· Word Wise—Available on many popular English-language titles, Word Wise makes it easier to enjoy and quickly understand more challenging books. Short and simple definitions automatically appear above difficult words, so you can keep reading with fewer interruptions
· Smart Lookup—Integrates a full dictionary definition with other reference information via X-Ray and Wikipedia
Kindle e-readers come with instant access to the Kindle Store, which includes:
· World’s best selection—Millions of books, including the latest best sellers
· Kindle exclusives—Over one million books are exclusive to the Kindle Store
· Kindle First—Early access to an editorially curated list of six new books one month before they officially publish. Every month, customers can choose one Kindle book from our editors’ picks for $1.99
· Kindle Unlimited— The premium reading subscription providing a great choice for readers who want even more. Kindle Unlimited offers over one million books, kids' books and more—all for $13.99 a month after a 30-day free trial for eligible customers.
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is $199 for the 8 GB model and $249 for the 32 GB model. The 32 GB with free cellular connectivity is $369. All are available from Amazon.com.au and JB Hi-Fi, Officeworks, The Good Guys and Myer.
Australians are also able to purchase a cover with a thin design that snaps perfectly onto the all-new Kindle Paperwhite. The cover opens like a book, automatically waking the device when opened and putting it to sleep when closed. Choose from three materials in a variety of colors: a premium leather cover for $89.95 in rustic; leather covers, all $59.95, in black, merlot, red, and indigo purple; and water-safe fabric covers, all $44.95, in charcoal black, yellow, and blue. Learn more at www.amazon.com.au/kindlepaperwhite.