If you want to make sure Dad’s face is plastered with a big ol’ grin this Father’s Day, the task may not be as Herculean as it first appears. While it’s all well and good to spend hours in pursuit of the perfect gift, if Dad’s being honest the thing that will really make his Father’s Day is the reliable gift card.
According to independent research surveying more than 1,200 Australians, the number one gift Australia’s fathers want to unwrap while eating their bacon and eggs – or smashed avocado on toast for millennial dads – is a card that lets them head out and pick something they really want. After all, they are perfectly capable of picking out their own socks and ties, thank you very much!
Beyond gift cards, when asked what they have their eye on this year, dads have confided they are looking to make the most of their down time. Consumer electronics, books, and sportswear all make an appearance in the top 10 gifts for Father’s Day 2018, while a bit of tinkering around the house might also be in order with tools being highly sought after too.
If your dad’s a tough one to buy for, don’t stress. There’s still hope. Amazon has announced that customers can now pick up Amazon gift cards in select brick-and-mortar retailers just in time for Father’s Day. These can be found in Australia Post, 7-Eleven, BP, United Petroleum and more, plus there’s always digital e-gift cards available on Amazon.com.au.
Alternatively, you can sign your dad up for Amazon Australia’s membership program, Amazon Prime, which offers free two business day delivery to nearly 90 per cent of Australians alongside an unparalleled combination of entertainment benefits.
Happy Father’s Day!
For the adventure dad:
1. ThorFire Super Bright Bike Light (Amazon Prime eligible) - $25.99 – Make sure Dad stays safe on his next mountain bike adventure with a bright and reliable light to guide the way. Featuring a long battery life, this is the perfect companion for Dad’s next adventure.
2. PUMA Unisex Phase Backpack (Amazon Prime eligible) - $32.00 – With a 22L capacity and multiple storage compartments, this is the perfect backpack to help Dad carry everything he needs for his next adventure.
3. AUSINX Led Flashlight (Amazon Prime eligible) - $16.99 – Lightweight, water-resistant and with 6-8 hours of battery life, this flashlight is the ultimate camping companion.
For the tech-loving dad:
4. Amazon Echo 2nd Generation (Amazon Prime eligible) - $119.00 – Connect the Echo to Alexa, making it easy for Dad to play music, make calls, set alarms, check his calendar and much more.
5. Alsisk Hidden Spy Camera Watch (Amazon Prime eligible) - $59.99 – Boasting a stylish design with traditional watch functionality, this timepiece also has hidden photo, video and voice recording technology. Perfect for any dad who has a little 007 in him!
6. Kindle Paperwhite 6” E-Reader (Amazon Prime eligible) - $159.00 – Help Dad get through his new favourite Stephen King novel with this super-portable, high-res and adjustable Kindle.
7. GoPro HERO5 Black (Amazon Prime eligible) - $349 – Empower Dad to capture everything on video, from the mundane to the exhilarating. Lightweight and super portable, any dad would love this new toy.
8. Fire TV Stick (Amazon Prime eligible) - $69.00 – Providing Dad with easy access to content from Prime Video, Netflix, YouTube and over 4,000 apps and games, he couldn’t love a gadget more!
For the hard-to-buy-for dad:
9. BlitzWolf Wireless Charging Pad (Amazon Prime eligible) – $18.99 – Everyone needs charge and this wireless charger is perfect for every dad. Sleek and minimal on their work desk or bedside table, this charging pad is highly efficient, charging up to 1.4X faster than other wireless chargers, meaning Dad can be on the go again sooner.
10. Parker IM Black Gold Trim Rollerball Pen (Amazon Prime eligible) - $40.63 – You can never go wrong with a nice pen!
11. Philips Series 7000 Vacuum Beard Trimmer - $89.95 – With an integrated vacuum, 20 different length settings and 60 minutes run time, every dad will appreciate a little bit of luxury in their daily routine.
12. Van Heusen Men’s Textured Reversible Belt “32 (Amazon Prime eligible) - $29.98 – Every dad needs a nice belt and since this one is reversible it will go with all his outfits; stylish and practical!
For the chef-wannabe Dad:
13. Sunbeam Double Sieve Juicer Pro (Amazon Prime eligible) - $119.20 – Encourage Dad to keep up his fruit and vegie intake with this pro juicer from Sunbeam. You could also use it to treat him to a fresh juice with breakfast in bed on Father’s Day!
14. Vegetable Spiralizer (Amazon Prime eligible) - $36.99 – Cut vegetables into any spiralized shape you like with this five-blade spiralizer machine. This is perfect for any dad who is keen to create low carb, paleo or gluten-free meals.
For the active Dad:
15. Fitbit Charge 2 (Amazon Prime eligible) - $147 – Encourage Dad to keep up his daily steps and keep active with the ultimate fitness accessory!
16. Seacue LED Rechargable Headlamp (Amazon Prime eligible) - $16.99 – Dad will love that he’s able to light up the night and see where he is going on his next night run.
17. SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds (Amazon Prime eligible) - $35.99 – Give Dad high fidelity stereo-quality sound on his next run, without being hampered by wires. With up to eight hours of talk/play time these are perfect for the dad who likes to keep moving.
Bonds Men’s Underwear Active Max Mid Length Trunk, Large (Amazon Prime eligible) - $14.48 – A classic Father’s Day gift, surely Dad would miss it if he didn’t receive his new trunks this year!